STOP THE BLEEDING!!

Talk of ND football

Re: STOP THE BLEEDING!!

Postby coachcft » January 17th, 2012, 2:02 am

It is true about the degree and all you mention regarding LT benefits.

But regardless of where this goes, ON THE SURFACE, BK's management style is less than great. He seems to "surprise" too many underlings, its a characteristic of bad management. I will suspend much of that judgment for now, but I absolutely have my eye on it.

In the meantime, lets cross our fingers on key recruiting battles we would really benefit from winning in the days to come.
coachcft

Postby irish88 » January 17th, 2012, 2:36 am

Decker is no big loss. Watched his film...limited burst and looks weak. Rivals.com listed his max bench weight at 225...hmmm 4 stars really?

The big issue in my mind is who would want to play in BK's offense anyway? Hate that spread he runs, and he does not utilize his assets. How many halves had we had to sit through with limited touches by Michael Floyd? And I feel sorry for Jonas Gay; that guy was a horse who should have been a featured RB in a productive offense.
irish88

Postby coachcft » January 17th, 2012, 3:24 am

I agree with the film on Decker... He did look a bit slow, lumbering and not all that powerful.. of the 3 Lineman that we "had", he was the weakest of the 3. Harrell will be a starting center within 3 years, Stanley a starting tackle same time frame.

As for our offense, lets hope we see some changes next year. Bootlegs, options, QBs running in space, innovative screens and the like.

TIFWIW:
A friend sat with Eifert at some awards dinner two nights ago. OF note:
1) how Kelly is perceived by media and by team are very different(good news)
2) he had never heard of Deontay Greenbury (hilarious)
3) he said Davaris Daniels will be an excellent player, maybe a star(good news)
4) he said he expects Rees will be the starting QB next year (ouch...on my knees asking that it is not true)
coachcft

Postby algoldendomer » January 17th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Between Decker and Arik Armstead, I would MUCH rather have Armstead. I know the kid wants to play defense, but I could legitimately see him as an overall #1 draft pick as a LT. Say at 6'8" and maybe 330 lbs and quick as a cat. But if he wants defense, we'll find a home for him. We may need to go to a 4-3. Whooda thunk that a couple years ago.

Decker is dumb as a box of rocks to be going to tOSU but an 18-year-old kid really can't comprehend how much more valuable an ND degree is than a tOSU degree.
algoldendomer

Postby coachcft » January 17th, 2012, 10:34 pm

I think I already said that here, but if not, agreed, Armstead over Decker in a second. Armstead has been very candid about playing defense. JARRON JONES will be the POSSIBLE switch to OLine if need be. MIght be the better home for him anyway. These are big IFs though a he's not committed. grain of salt....
coachcft

Previous

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion