Brian Kelly Fact Sheet

Talk of ND football

Brian Kelly Fact Sheet

Postby coach_kelly » September 15th, 2011, 2:36 am

Here are some things you may not have known about Coach Kelly.

01 Brian Kelly's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
02 Brian Kelly counted to infinity - twice.
03 Brian Kelly does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Brian Kelly goes killing.
04 If you can see Brian Kelly, he can see you. If you can't see Brian Kelly you may be only seconds away from death.
05 Brian Kelly sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Brian roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
06 When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Brian Kelly.
07 Brian Kelly built a time machine and went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. As Oswald shot, Brian Kelly met all three bullets with his beard, deflecting them. JFK's head exploded out of sheer amazement.
08 Brian Kelly has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.
09 They once made a Brian Kelly toilet paper, but it wouldn't take shit from anybody.
10 A blind man once stepped on Brian Kelly's shoe. Brian replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Brian Kelly!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this man ever saw, was a fatal roundhouse delivered by Brian Kelly.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Re: Brian Kelly Fact Sheet

Postby coach_kelly » September 18th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Brian Kelly beat the Spartans yesterday.

Fact.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby coach_kelly » October 23rd, 2011, 3:05 pm

Lou Holtz wouldn't have beaten USC last night.

Fact.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » October 24th, 2011, 1:00 am

coach_kelly wrote:Lou Holtz wouldn't have beaten USC last night.

Fact.

Um...No. Opinion. There is no basis in fact for this assertion. And Lou Holtz would have had the boys mentally prepared for this game. His teams were virtually ALWAYS mentally prepared, especially for the SC games. Did Holtz EVER lose to USC? If so, it was only once or twice.
algoldendomer

Postby coachcft » October 24th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Holtz lost once...in 1996 in a virtually meaningless game that only cost us MONEY(going to a smaller bowl) ...he was 10-1 vs USC

I have a question for all those that care.

A situation has arisen and things arent looking good(sinking ship, burning building, football team losing by 3 scores at start of 4th quarter). A group of people are in a devil of a hole and want to get out. One person is in charge. The catch being is that this person, should he accept this responsibility, must later accept that he is in part responsible for the hole they are in. In a sense he invited it.

Are you comfortable based on what you now know(over almost 2 years) that Brian Kelly is that person to dig you out of it?
coachcft

Postby algoldendomer » October 25th, 2011, 2:13 am

CoachCFT - good question. I'm not sure Brian Kelly is the one to get me out of that hole, but I am sure he's not fully responsible for the hole's existence. His job, however, is to get me out of it, so that is the responsibility for which he's paid quite handsomely.

Unfortunately, if Brian Kelly can't (or won't) get me out of that hole, who else is going to take the job? Oh woe is me! I'm afraid I may be in the hole forever!
algoldendomer

Postby coachcft » October 25th, 2011, 3:05 am

I agree, he isn't responsible for the "hole". But isnt everything a "hole" depending on how you look at it??

The reason I pose this is because of something that really caught my attention in the 2nd quarter. With Carlo Calabrese(who, of note, has as much 'want to' as anyone out there for us). 3rd and 8, USC throws an incomplete pass, Calabrese finishes a tackle on a dropped ball, gets up clapping and head butts Stephon Tuitt. He gets FLAGGED 15 yards (by the pac-12 ref) for NOTHING!! Kelly doesnt just yank him, but sits him the rest of the night. And not only that, but points to it in the post game PC and other interviews. Would he have done that if it were Teo? Harrison Smith? Point is, he let an official dictate team on field policy.

If I were Calabrese, Id be confused. Id be confused if I should play with passion like coach says, to have a little bit of fun and confused if coach has my back(especially when Im in the right).

No one always calls a perfect game. I can forgive BK or anyone for just being outschemed. It happens. But I cannot and will not ever support things such as that with Calabrese.
coachcft

Postby algoldendomer » October 25th, 2011, 3:14 am

Calabrese' penalty wasn't "nothing." His claps occurred while he was hovering over the vanquished player, and were unsportsmanlike and STUPID. Somebody posted a nearly identical pic from his H.S. days, so it's something he likes to do. If I'm the coach, I don't tolerate my linebackers acting surprised when they make a tackle. It's why they're out there. But it was NOT "nothing" and the Coach ought to be coaching these players to know that the refs' whistles are going to be blown at ANYTHING.

Still, I absolutely agree with everything else you say - leaving him on the bench the rest of the night, throwing him under the bus later, and yes, all because of a ref's call. Kelly couldn't have handled it worse. A coach who has the player's back gets in the face of the refs there and stands up for his player even if the player was marginally wrong. And he sure doesn't sit him down the rest of the night.

I think you rightly have touched on a bit of a character flaw which is indicative of a narcissistic personality (blame goes everywhere else). It's running rampant these days (see D.C., Washington).
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » October 30th, 2011, 4:34 am

Fact.

If I were sitting behind you whiners at a game I would donkey punch you right in your whining neck.

Grow up you babies.
coach_kelly

Postby coach_kelly » November 1st, 2011, 12:04 am

Fact.

algoldendomer is a pussy.

You can take that to the bank.
coach_kelly

Next

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion