Fire the coach!

Talk of ND football

Fire the coach!

Postby tedster » September 11th, 2011, 3:49 am

This team is not prepared to compete. Turnovers are killing us. Penalties are killing us. These are signs of an undisciplined team. We had them at their own 20 with 23 seconds left and they score. Are you kidding me? Coach did not have control. He is in over his head. He must go.
tedster

Re: Fire the coach!

Postby algoldendomer » September 11th, 2011, 3:54 am

There is no F_cking excuse for giving up 80 yards in 23 seconds. Or 28 points in the fourth quarter to that team. NINE turnovers in two games - did they SKIP FALL PRACTICE??

You can't fire the coach after 15 games. Get used to this crap for awhile. But I'm not sure how he's gonna hold the recruits he has.

But why is he rushing 4 guys (or was it 5?) when they have to cover 80 yards?? Give them 20 and tackle. But no, two play, 80 yards, 15 seconds. NO FU_KING EXCUSE!
algoldendomer

Postby tedster » September 11th, 2011, 3:59 am

I fully understand they won't fire him, but I want to get my voice out there. He is in way over his head. They looked totally lost in the fourth quarter. I just can't understand the needless penalties and turnovers. They have enough talent to compete for a BCS slot, but will not get close.

Your right, Kelly's recruits are watching asking themselves why would I want to play for this dude.
tedster

Postby coachcft » September 11th, 2011, 4:16 am

People look at Brady Hoke and they think John Madden. Frumpy, happy go lucky, totally relaxed in victory and humble in defeat. They look at Brian Kelly and they see a stuffy CEO, they see their boss. Im not in the "off with his head" or even "he is in over his head". But I just ...like... dont like him. If someone said to me "Hey, Brian Kelly just invited you to dinner", then I might say "Is he buying?" I equate him to Bob Davie. Just unlikable. And if we are losing as well, it will make following this team doubly painful.

OK, that was rough. Im not sure if it is just singularly rough of tonight or to lose three straight years to them in the final minute. And the truth is, this year was going to be the easiest year in the next few. It isnt getting ANY easier against them. They have a great frosh class and another one right in behind them AND the #1 Junior in the nation(a QB) already committed to them.

80 yards in 23 secs against a running QB. For all the old timers reading, that 60 yard play is right up there with the 3rd and 44 in Miami. How can you possible allow someone to be uncovered 25 yards downfield? And when, when, when is someone on the defensive staff going to tell our corners, particularly Gary Gray to TURN YOUR HEAD! It is why you got flagged for PI against USF and why they rung up two TDs against you. TURN YOUR HEAD!

How awful those guys must feel now. Somehow they'll find a way to pick themselves up though. :)
coachcft

Postby B_Kelly_is_a_joke » September 11th, 2011, 4:51 am

Kelly is the biggest idiot I've seen coach on this stage in a long time. One mistake after another, coaching blunders, berates his players, micro manages everything from the punter to the water boy, even yells at his players to get to the locker room at half time. A complete narcissistic personality. This is about the 4th or 5th loss in this fashion out of his 1st 14 regular season games at N.D. 2nd straight loss to a Michigan team that in no less a joke in their own right.

This was a total disgrace. Up 24-7, should have been up 42-7. Then up 24-7 we end up losing and he stands there shaking his head. As far as I am concerned, he can walk home and collect his severance check on Monday morning.
B_Kelly_is_a_joke

Postby NDFI1995 » September 11th, 2011, 7:45 am

The talent is on the field as evidienced by statistics. The problem? Coaching.
NDFI1995

Postby coach_kelly » September 14th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Brian Kelly is the best thing to happen to Notre Dame.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby mikrent4ND » September 15th, 2011, 2:55 am

kyle rudolph was the glue that held this team together
coach_kelly wrote:Brian Kelly is the best thing to happen to Notre Dame.
mikrent4ND

Postby NorthWestNDFan » September 15th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Its been a year and 2 games and you are all calling for his head? You know sometimes I am embarassed to call myself an Irish fan based on the fact that it lumps me in with morons like you calling for Kelly to be fired. We have one of the best football minds in the game as our head coach right now and we want him fired. In the first 2 games we had close to 1,100 yards of offense against two top 25 school, Kelly is making the team better but he can't field the punts, he can't make the reads and throw the ball, he can't keep a steady hand on the ball to eliminate turnovers. Give the guy a chance, I coach football and taking over a new program and making them into champions is not a one year fix. This site should be taking down and you should be embarassed to call yourself Notre Dame fans, when I saw on ESPN this site exsited I was down right pissed off. And another thing stop complaining about him using to many "bad" words its FOOTBALL, its an emotional game and in the ends there just words. Brian Kelly will get the job done and you should be happy we have him as a coach.
NorthWestNDFan

Postby coach_kelly » September 16th, 2011, 12:23 am

NorthWestNDFan wrote:Its been a year and 2 games and you are all calling for his head? You know sometimes I am embarassed to call myself an Irish fan based on the fact that it lumps me in with morons like you calling for Kelly to be fired. We have one of the best football minds in the game as our head coach right now and we want him fired. In the first 2 games we had close to 1,100 yards of offense against two top 25 school, Kelly is making the team better but he can't field the punts, he can't make the reads and throw the ball, he can't keep a steady hand on the ball to eliminate turnovers. Give the guy a chance, I coach football and taking over a new program and making them into champions is not a one year fix. This site should be taking down and you should be embarassed to call yourself Notre Dame fans, when I saw on ESPN this site exsited I was down right pissed off. And another thing stop complaining about him using to many "bad" words its FOOTBALL, its an emotional game and in the ends there just words. Brian Kelly will get the job done and you should be happy we have him as a coach.

Here, here! Three cheers for Brian Kelly and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish before we clobber Michigan State back to Ann Arbor!
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion