Eifert named First Team All-American

Talk of ND football

Eifert named First Team All-American

Postby algoldendomer » December 9th, 2011, 3:42 pm

Congrats to our Tight End, Charlie Weis recruit.
algoldendomer

Re: Eifert named First Team All-American

Postby coach_kelly » December 9th, 2011, 3:48 pm

An award he would not have been considered for under a 3-9 head coach. He should be thanking Brian Kelly for providing him a winning team to play on.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » December 9th, 2011, 8:23 pm

No, No, No, No, No, No, NO. NYET.

You can't have it both ways. You cannot blame the Weis guys for the losses and turn around and give credit to Kelly for their success. NO.

Who are you, Obama??
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » December 9th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Sure you can. If you are on a losing team you don't win fancy awards. If you are on a winning team you have a chance at those awards.

Weis gives you zero chance.

Kelly gives you a really good chance.

Weis is a loser.

Kelly is a winner.

See the difference?
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » December 9th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Kelly's winning (too infrequently, mind you) with Weis guys - admit it.
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » December 9th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Also I don't blame Weis guys for losses, I blame Weis. With the same players Weis would have less wins. Weis would be 6-6 right now. Kelly is 8-4. One of these is a better record. I'll let you spin your way out of that one.
coach_kelly

Postby coach_kelly » December 9th, 2011, 8:31 pm

algoldendomer wrote:Kelly's winning (too infrequently, mind you) with Weis guys - admit it.

You are the one who thinks we should be AWESOMESAUCE 10 WIN TEAM!!

I think we are playing better than our players. That is coaching. One All American does not make a championship team. Derp derp.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » December 9th, 2011, 9:16 pm

I agree that Weis would likely have underperformed 8-4 with these players. 6-6 is plausible.

I do not agree that 10-wins is awesome, just that that is minimum acceptable for 2012.

It is fallacious to continue to compare Kelly to Weis as if that somehow makes him a success. It only shows that perhaps he's less of a failure - time will tell. What it does NOT show is that Kelly will ever be mentioned in the same breath with Rockne, Leahy, Parseghian, and Holtz (and I suppose we have to throw Devine in there as well since he won a NC my frosh year). Those gentlemen are the ones by which Kelly needs to be compared, not Charlie Weis.
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » December 10th, 2011, 6:12 am

True. My comparison is only to show that with the same coach (Weis), we would be worse off than we are now. Progress is coming. I feel like we will be tipping beers next year for our coach. I don't think our expectations are as far apart as we have argued. I think our anticipation is.
coach_kelly

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion