Kelly must go now

Talk of ND football

Kelly must go now

Postby wjkbk » September 11th, 2011, 3:49 am

Can't coach, can't teach all he does is berate his players. He is a disgrace to the University. He must go tonight
wjkbk

Re: Kelly must go now

Postby tedster » September 11th, 2011, 3:51 am

Could not agree more. He is in over his head.
tedster

Postby B_Kelly_is_a_joke » September 11th, 2011, 5:01 am

Way in over his head. He's a loser and a total fraud. Saw it last year early on. This is not the MAC.

Then the problems mounted last year with the practice Video incident, etc.... One issue after another with this guy on and off the field, on the sidelines, in the locker room, on the practice field, etc...

People think our last 2 or 3 coaches were bad - this guy will set this program back a decade or 2. Next will be NCAA issues and the University will have no choice but to send him packing.

If it were up to me - he'd be walking down I-94 tonight, from Ann Arbor back to South Bend and would be told that he could come in Monday morning to pick up his severance check. He'd be told to find his own way home from Ann Arbor.
B_Kelly_is_a_joke

Postby jdrotten » September 11th, 2011, 7:44 am

Absolutely correct.
I don't wanta here what we need to do etc etc.
Trouble with that is that he can't do it.
This lose to Michigan falls on him and him only.
Stop being a leah Kelly and be a man for the first time in your mesaurable life.
Get lost
jdrotten

Postby NDFI1995 » September 11th, 2011, 7:52 am

ND's board approached this hire as though a top flight coach wouldn't be interested. We signed a mid-major coach that caught lightning in a bottle. Nothing more. I miss Gerry & Lou!
NDFI1995

Postby B_Kelly_is_a_joke » September 11th, 2011, 3:59 pm

I love the "lightning in a bottle" comment - it's so true with Kelly. What slays me with these "lightning in a bottle" guys (whether it's in the NFL or College) is that they spend 100 hours a week scheming and devising ways to win a game, yet in the end they always seem to out smart themselves. Case in point last night (which will no doubt come across as 2nd guessing, but I don't care because we've seen it so much out of Kelly). Here's the situation: I guarantee you if Lou Holtz (or someone like him) is standing on that sideline, we would have crammed the ball down their throat in that last 5 minutes.I did not pick up what happened when we got the pass interference penalty in the End Zone. Ball was to be placed at the 2. Instead we have it on the 7. What happened? Another stupid 5 yard delay of game or some other dumb penalty?

Regardless, why not run the ball down their throat with 1st and goal at the 7 with around 5 minutes to play and a 7 point lead? Worst case you likely come out of there with a 10 point lead and at least 2 less minutes on the clock or Michigan totally out of time outs.

But no - instead, lightning in a bottle has to out smart himself once again and puts his young QB in a spot. Have him do a 1 step drop inside the 10 and try and nail a fade in the corner of the end zone (over 5 offensive lineman and 4 defensive lineman -on 1st down no less). Stupid football in that situation. Just plain dumb with no concept of the situation at hand or the personnel on the field.
B_Kelly_is_a_joke

Postby coachcft » September 11th, 2011, 5:31 pm

1st of all, really good question about the 1st and goal from the 7 after a PI in the Endzone. Although we are guilty of delay of games(more on that in a sec), it was not a delay of game. Did it maybe NOT happen in the Endzone? Hmmm...

As for the second guessing of play calling, Im not a huge fan. That is not our problem. Look at how many times we caught UM with their pants down as the NG was backing up or that pressure came from strange places and left it vulnerable(such as the Riddick TD). I will only say that I would have liked to have seen a couple more screen plays, especially in the 4th when Mich was crowding the LOS and pressuring Rees. Play calling is the least of our problems.

Our football program is at an exceptionally critical point now. And truthfully, given BK's personality, this might not bode well. He is not backing the players, but very subtly blaming them. And for all we know, they see it. Truth is, they have certainly performed well enough to win both games against these first two opponents, and everyone knows it. But what he says and how he acts during the difficult times is being noted. We will soon know what he is made of. If he gets out front of everyone to take the bullets and express his true faith in his players, we can continue to build and move in a winning direction. But if he stays with words like "they" or "he" instead of "WE", this regime will disintegrate. It will start with recruits losing interest, then others decommitting, then finally losing the internal fight(transfers, tuning out, Assts leaving).

Everyone here is obviously going to continue to follow the team and tne in next Saturday. And while we are all watching Cierre dance through the seams of our counter tre or Eifert run his seam routes and Floyd being Floyd, watch closely the body language on the sideline, the "mood" of the program... it says alot
coachcft

Postby fedup » September 11th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Well said group , I agree with most of you . Bottom line is this guy has to go and the sooner the better . I admit when they signed this fool I fell into the whole hes a winning coach and will be good for our program . ( Sorry for the delusional thoughts ) Kelly is nothing more than a me ,myself and I coach Humble = No , Arrogant =Yes .
fedup

Postby B_Kelly_is_a_joke » September 12th, 2011, 2:03 am

That was pretty much my point. The play calling is fine 90% of the time, but Kelly always manages to find a way to out do himself in the most critical moments of a game. None of this bodes well with a young QB either.
B_Kelly_is_a_joke

Postby coachcft » September 12th, 2011, 4:08 am

But how did he "out do" himself last night? We drove at WILL against them. We punted 2 times. We scored with 30 secs to go. Im failing to see your point from a tactical standpoint.

His offense can move the ball. And I dont think we have the biggest guns in the shop, meaning we have a slight lack of true firepower. But we run between the tackles, we run wide, we attack the perimeter through land and air, we throw short, we hit the TE in hook/curl or seam, fade routes, we basically do everything at least pretty well if not better on the offensive side of the ball. Where we have room to improve fundamentally is the front 7(Flemming for instance often has his fingerprints on opponent big plays) our safties' ability on passing downs and Gray's ability to TURN HIS HEAD and at least FEIGN like he is interested in the location of the ball. But as of now in the freshmen class and assuming we don't lose recruits, help is on the way.

The possibility of bringing the football program to sustained success, continual excitement, games that "matter" in November(or dare I say January), with a bi or tri annual insert to the conversation that we contend for the title is what I imagine everyone is here discussing. But this possibility will succeed or fail based on CHARACTER. Stop saying "They" or "He", Coach Kelly. Stop saying you dont have a "waiver wire" or "he's the only one you got to do the job". Just say "Hey, the ball bounces funny sometimes, it is a GAME of mistakes, but I wouldnt trade anybody in my locker room for anyone else. We have kids right now who came here with hopes and dreams to be in any game with anybody. We will pursue and find success with the guys right here that we're lucky to have."
coachcft

Next

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion