16-14 great win, Irish

Talk of ND football

16-14 great win, Irish

Postby algoldendomer » November 20th, 2011, 12:39 am

over 3-win BC. What an absolute embarrassment. Their 2-star guys very nearly beat our 4-star guys. Why? Kelly was outcoached by a 3-win coach.

To his credit, Kelly beat BC. Weis lost to Syracuse.

Sad to see you go down, Jonas Gray. Great season. I believe you will play for many years on Sundays.
algoldendomer

Re: 16-14 great win, Irish

Postby coachcft » November 20th, 2011, 2:31 am

Yeah, lets hope so about Jonas. And for the optimistic, it might be a hyperextension/sprain. Lets hope and pray that he suits up for the Bowl game. With all the injuries now piling up, we'll need nothing short of a miracle at Stanford.

Our Offense is easy to stop. Shoot gaps on first down and key the TB, expect funnel or bubble screen on 2nd, drop 8 or 9 on 3rd. We dont have a running QB. I love Tommy's heart, but I feel like we are investing everything in a Ford Taurus. Toma will be our Wes Welker and we will play two TEs next year ala NE Pats with Gronkowski/Hernandez.

I feel Kelly is just killin the "buzz" we once had. But, to his credit, if he can somehow go 2-0, I'll send coach_kelly a $25.00 gift certificate to his local TGIF so he can go make people's ear bleed at the bar.

Think he'd put up the same for me if we go 0-2?
coachcft

Postby coach_kelly » November 20th, 2011, 9:47 pm

TGIF is for beginners and diarrhea. It would be a good dinner date for you and algoldenhomer. You guys could go and pretend to be the great InSiDeRZ that you pretend to be. Talk about several week old topics like the Patriots offense. Enjoy your jalepeno poppers and Jack Daniels ribeye noob. lol....

USC and Michigan proved they are for real yesterday. Those losses don't look so bad now. I'll give you South Florida, but that was all on Weis players. Kelly will be better off when those players are gone. That's why Floyd got a pass this year on his DUI, cause the sooner he is gone, the better.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby coachcft » November 21st, 2011, 3:31 am

So, is that a yes to the $25 if we go 0-2?
coachcft

Postby algoldendomer » November 21st, 2011, 3:01 pm

If ND goes 0-2 (which, given the opposition, I'd have to say is about 60-40 likely), that means 8-5 and ZERO improvement over 2010. What a bitter disappointment that's gonna be.

I agree with CoachCFT's analysis of the offense. It's high time to get a running QB out there because we coulda played til next Saturday and Tommy wasn't gonna get another TD against their drop-9 third-down defense. All second half I was screaming for Hendrix. But Kelly didn't hear me (but then I was 500 miles away).
algoldendomer

Postby algoldendomer » November 21st, 2011, 3:03 pm

coach_kelly wrote:Kelly will be better off when those players are gone. That's why Floyd got a pass this year on his DUI, cause the sooner he is gone, the better.

Yeah, right. We'll be much better off without the best or second best receiver in CFB. Comments like that show how utterly stupid you are. If you are the REAL Coach Kelly, you should be fired immediately.
algoldendomer

Postby coachcft » November 21st, 2011, 6:23 pm

Holtz praises ND player Crist's good works
For college football fans, there is nothing like this time of year when Saturdays are spent cheering on favorite teams and celebrating game-saving tackles and last-second touchdowns. It is a time when, as fans, we are often amazed by the on-field heroics of the sport's greatest players.

However, while college football players across the country are praised by coaches, fans and media for their memorable performances on the field, it is their achievements away from the game that I believe are even more impressive.

For 20 years, the Allstate American Coaches Association Good Works Team has honored college football players whose charitable involvement and community service contributions stand out among all student-athletes participating in the sport.

One of the players on this year's team who I want to personally congratulate is the University of Notre Dame quarterback Dayne Crist, whose selfless acts of kindness and devotion to giving back have helped make a difference in the South Bend area and beyond. Not only does Dayne demonstrate hard work and dedication on the football field and in the classroom, he also finds time to serve as a speaker and mentor for local youth groups and volunteer for the Tackle the Arts program that brings youths to campus to participate in various fine arts programs. Dayne also helped to raise more than $100,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation Bald and the Beautiful campaign.

Please join me in congratulating Dayne and all members of the 2011 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team.
coachcft

Postby algoldendomer » November 22nd, 2011, 5:11 am

I hope that Dayne is able to have a great year next year. Sadly, it won't be with the Irish - but he is an outstanding example of a Notre Dame man. Best wishes to you, Dayne.
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » December 7th, 2011, 2:09 am

Dayne Crist is a pure example of a shitty Weis recruit.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion