Brian Kelly is a Douche

Talk of ND football

Brian Kelly is a Douche

Postby algoldendomer » November 10th, 2011, 2:01 am

I want to like the guy. I want the guy to be successful. But it is becoming more and more obvious that the guy is a self-absorbed, narcissistic, arrogant douche bag.

Everything he does, everything he says, and everything he's proposing, from piped in metal, to artificial turf, to the sacrosanct jumbotron, to obnoxious green shamrock helmets, to his "RKGs" vs. the "Weis guys," to throwing Crist under the bus, to throwing other players under the bus, etc. etc. etc. point to the FACT that Brian Kelly is much more about the Brian Kelly brand than he is about the Notre Dame brand. He is willing to SQUANDER that hallowed brand (FORGET brand - he is willing to shit on Notre Dame's tradition) in his own selfish interest. Bling. Ching ching. What a douche.

It would be great if there were some adult supervision, but, alas, there is not.
algoldendomer

Re: Brian Kelly is a Douche

Postby coach_kelly » November 11th, 2011, 8:04 pm

It was time for some new marketing. The ol Notre Dame "brand" you speak of hasn't really worked for a couple decades. Keep living in the past and the future will probably run you over.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » November 14th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Wrong, Coach, wrong.

The ND "brand" does not belong to Kelly, nor Swarbrick, nor Jenkins either. ND can win without piped-in metal, jumbotrons or stupid shamrock helmets. ND can win without any of this crap.

But you (as usual) missed my entire point. The guy is classless. He is arrogant and narcissistic and thinks he is bigger than Notre Dame. Pride cometh before the fall - happened to Weis and it will happen to Kelly. Our coach should be an assassin in all aspects of coaching, but should be self-effacing and humble and put the School above himself or anything else.

Kelly doesn't "get" Notre Dame. He wants to remake Notre Dame in his own image. There needs to be adult supervision to prevent that from happening.
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » November 15th, 2011, 1:42 am

You posted a "get off my lawn" statement, then replied with "get off my lawn." Oh, snap!

You don't even expect your team to win. How can you be taken seriously at all?
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » November 17th, 2011, 2:31 am

I think you meant "get off my field turf."
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » November 20th, 2011, 9:35 pm

Thanks for further proving my point.
coach_kelly

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion