Wake Forest

Talk of ND football

Wake Forest

Postby algoldendomer » November 3rd, 2011, 5:17 pm

This game will say much about the future of the program. This is a game that oughtn't be close. Elite programs blow out the Wake Forests of the world.

Unfortunately, nobody expects ND to blow out Wake Forest. And with a couple turnovers, ND could well lose.

Can ND start playing at a high level on a consistent basis? That is the question to be answered Saturday night.
algoldendomer

Re: Wake Forest

Postby coach_kelly » November 3rd, 2011, 9:01 pm

14 point favorites isn't impressive on the road? The home team gets 3 points so at home Notre Dame would be at least 17 if not 20 point favorites. Are you seriously this miserable all the time?

Notre Dame 38 Wake Forest 13

This will be like Purdue part 2
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby coach_kelly » November 3rd, 2011, 9:03 pm

From Wake Forest's head coach -

Wake Forest and Notre Dame both enter Saturday's game with 5-3 records, but if you listen to Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe, one of the most candid coaches in the ACC, there might be a little bit more separation between the two programs than their records indicate.

Translated: This is Notre Dame. And it's coming to the smallest school in the BCS.

"With Notre Dame, we're going to have to play above our heads to have a chance to beat these guys," Grobe said.

That's not a knock on his team by any means -- Grobe thinks Wake Forest can win, and he's right -- it can. But with a team as talented and as confident as Notre Dame, there is no margin for error. Five turnovers like Wake had last week against UNC and the Deacs are toast. The good news for Wake Forest fans? This isn't unfamiliar territory to Wake Forest, which beat Florida State earlier this year.

"They really look like they're starting to hit their stride right now and playing great football," Grobe said of the Irish. "I think from a talent perspective is more what I'm talking about. We always feel like we can win. We had to play above our heads to beat Florida State. That's not something that our kids are not familiar with. We play really, really good teams. For us to have a chance to win, we've got to play good, good football. The disappointing thing for us is I think we had to do it last week and didn't do it against Carolina.

"This is just another one of those teams that's got enough talent that if you don't play well, you're not going to have a chance."
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » November 4th, 2011, 3:29 am

Are you really this dumb? Grobe's comments could have come straight from the mouth of Lou Holtz.

I hope you're right - that it's Purdue 2.0. I think Wake is a considerably better team than Purdue, though. And ND didn't turn the ball over against the Boilers. ND nearly lost to a mediocre Pitt team - with turnovers ND is not above losing to Wake.

Alabama, on the other hand, would beat them 100 out of 100 times. That needs to be ND's aspiration - to play at that level.
algoldendomer

Postby coach_kelly » November 4th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Your points are weak. These are not the men you think they are. You are the one who wants character? You point to two very shady characters as your model for success? You are hilarious!

Lou Holtz
Lou Holtz doesn't mind cheating. He also says shitty things about his teams (which seems to bother you so much about Kelly). He has proven that wherever he goes. Lou Holtz is not the man of honor you hold him up to be. He has made a history of winning with other coaches players.

At Arkansas he as fired for saying things disturbing to the fan base and a subpar record (6-5) after his 7th year there. His 7th. He won the NC his first year with someone else's players.

While at Minnesota he accumulated 17 rule violations and bolted for the Notre Dame job - not exactly honorable to trash a program and then bolt.

At Notre Dame he took a previously struggling Irish team to NC game. The only miracle he has ever performed as a head coach. This is he reason he is also very overrated as a head coach. Then when he learned of the payola scandal he did nothing. Two years probation because of his failure to comply. The cupboard would be cleaned out here too it seems. What does Lou do when the going gets tough? He goes to trash another program.

South Carolina his last stop as a coach. Five major violations and five minor violations would result in leaving South Carolina with three years of probation and a shitty taste in their mouth.

This is not exactly the kind of guy that represents the character you desperately want as a coach is it? If so, then your previous points are all moot and you are full of shit.

Nick Saban

How is it that the SEC has a huge advantage year in and year out? Medical redshirts anyone? They are playing with a stacked deck. Ramzy (a pretty good blogger at 11 Warriors) writes an article you should read. Yes, I know your tiny brain will stab out that Ohio State is a dirty program - that isn't the point of Ramzy's article. The point is the information he provides about the SEC.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2011/10/t ... gning-bowl

Read the article and then tell me that the institution you support would be in favor of this. This is hardly a practice representative of a school of higher learning. Using Alabama as an example is wrong. They do not recruit the same way Notre Dame does. They have different rules. Rules that hurt the players in the end. The SEC keeps their roster full like an NFL team would. They do that by sacrificing the young men that agree to play for them year in and year out.

Also how quickly we forget that Saban (at Alabama no less) lost to Louisiana-Monroe. A team that had just stepped up to Division 1A. We don't talk about that though do we? 100 out of 100 times? I think not. Saban and Alabama represent everything that is wrong about college football. They dress criminals in uniforms and you look up to this? Wow man. You are full of hot air.

All your talk about character was just that. Talk. In the end it appears that cheating and treating people like shit are pretty high on your list, that is if these are the coaches/programs you respect. Get a clue. Screaming at kids and calling out slack ass players is childs play compared to the two bastards you point to. Those guys are professional turds. Thus proving my point earlier about jerks being some of the "best" in the sports they represent. Which now you admit by your last post you do want a jerk. You don't mind a jerk. You crave a jerk. Well you are in luck. Our coach is a jerk. He just isn't a cheater like Saban/Holtz so maybe that's what you are encouraging? You want him to cheat? Your message is crossing over itself now. I need a chart to keep track.

You are mad at Kelly for losing to a lower tier school. You point to Alabama but just several years ago they did the same if not worse?
You are mad at Kelly for his lack of character. You point to two very dirty coaches as a beacon of success?
You are mad at Kelly for alienating his players and fans. You point to Lou Holtz who did the same thing at Arkansas?

Yeesh - I think you should leave commentary to those with a better grasp of communicating effectively.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » November 6th, 2011, 4:32 am

I don't believe I've ever mentioned the coach of Alabama. That level of play is what I think ND should aspire to. Or better. I fondly recall watching ND's 37-3 drubbing of Alabama back in '87. Spectacular fall day all around.

24-17 - impressive D in the second half - Kelly's RKGs on the D-line were the stars. A win is better than a loss, but this was not a performance to write home about.

I am worried about Maryland. They had a very good Clemson team on the ropes. They have a high-powered offense. With Lynch hobbling off, we are very thin on the D-line. It could be 45-42 or something like that. At least it's a home game hahaha
algoldendomer

Postby coachcft » November 7th, 2011, 12:59 am

agolden... stop listening to this grandson of BK. He hasnt a grip about football. HE only regurgitates OTHERS' articles and publications.

A win is a win is a win. But to me a few things are becoming very clear. 1) no one will be as had to replace as Robert Blanton 2) Tommy Rees is not the answer at QB. Love him, and appreciate him, but he just cant run. 3) Stephon Tuitt was the creme de la creme of this class, not Lynch, and certainly not Williams(stay tuned for a possible transfer here, havent seen him play in 3 games or SMILE since he arrived) 4) Brian Kelly's vapid, borderline insincere post game speeches leave me with a "well, he knows some of the words, but he doesnt know the music" type feel... We'll beat Maryland and BC is atrocious. Stanford is where we will be measured again.
coachcft

Postby coach_kelly » November 7th, 2011, 9:35 pm

He doesn't have much choice, you, he, and I are the only "traffic" on this soon to be forgotten website LOL. Someday you will look back at your foolish comments here and realize that it wasn't coach_kelly who doesn't know football. I can FedEx you a mirror if you need a hint.
coach_kelly

Postby algoldendomer » November 8th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Yes, we will beat BC, but I am not at all sure about Maryland. They put a big scare into my other CFB team, Clemson's Tigers, who were very lucky to escape. The fact that the AD's brilliance put this "home game" practically on Maryland's campus is not a help either.

ND SHOULD win going away, but I have a feeling this game will be very close, decided by a turnover one way or the other. I predict ND 38 Maryland 28 with a late ND FG following a long Blanton INT return
algoldendomer

Postby coachcft » November 12th, 2011, 4:00 pm

I agree AG, it wont be a blowout. They beat Miami early on and have numerous close losses(clemson being one of them). We'll win and Kelly will try and spin it into a "great win" for ND. I dont blame him for trying to inflate these teams into "good wins", he'll do it for BC also. But everyone(Including the locker room) knows that people are tuned into your program and judging it against the big guns: Michigan, Michigan State, USC and Stanford. And we're 1-2 there. Kelly is fully aware that the team has crapped the bed in two great national exposure opportunities.

Keep your eye on the CAT LB position. Now with Steve Filer out for the year(heartbreaking ACL tear that ends his career), lets see if Ishaq Williams can FINALLY play again. Hasnt played in 4 weeks. Personally, something didnt seem right about him in Spring ball. Doesnt bring the wood on hits, doesnt swallow ground. 5-Star BODY but less than 5 Star ability. Hopefully he is pissed and getting the message that he needs to bring the wood or else we'll even help you fill out the transfer papers.

Before signing out, just watched David Shaw be interviewed. Very impressive. I expect them to be successful under his watch, which will be long. Very "Tony Dungy"ish. Im certain he is well liked and respected. "Hire well and delegate" was his mantra.
coachcft

Next

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion