To all the doofus NDN posters lurking here

Talk of ND football

To all the doofus NDN posters lurking here

Postby algoldendomer » October 25th, 2011, 3:04 am

I read with interest the NDN posts putting forth "short-lists" of new coaches and such.

Kelly has only had 20 games so far. Most everyone on the field is still a "Weis Guy" who, frankly, became quite accustomed to losing.

Is Kelly's performance so far disappointing? Yes. 12-8 is Willingham bad.

And I am still pissed that he packed it in and left 3 time-outs on the board in an effort to not lose 38-17. Good thing for Tim Tebow and the Broncos that they didn't take the same tack yesterday, huh?

But Kelly isn't going anywhere. We have to give him a chance to bring in his RKGs and, based on his performance everyplace else, history says he'll start winning.

I didn't want Kelly 2 years ago and was extremely disappointed that he was hired. And somehow, I have a feeling he's gonna turn this around. Just a feeling, certainly not coming from my extraordinarily rational brain, to be sure.

Talk to me in a week if we crap the bed against the University of Navy. I might think differently. Or Wake F. Forest. Or the turtles. Or BC (if he finds a way to lose to this year's BC team, it would be a requirement to fire him during the alma mater). This team should finish 8-4, and as pisspoor as they played Saturday night, and as pisspoor as our coaching was, I still think 9-3 is a possibility.

But dreaming up short lists of replacements is premature and frankly, stupid. A) He's not going anyplace and B) why do we suddenly think Sabanmeyerharbaughmilesorwhoeverelseishotrightnow is going to want the job?
algoldendomer

Re: To all the doofus NDN posters lurking here

Postby coachcft » October 25th, 2011, 3:12 am

"if he loses to BC, fire him during the alma mater"... excellent line :D

we wont lose to any of the next four... I certainly dont think so.. although 3 of them have an outside shot, especially this weekend without Johnson or Moore.

But we will need to at least show up at Stanford and play em tight.. a game where we'll need to be down like 13 with 8 mins to go and ball on our own 38 yd line... stanford adds a FG and we score, go for two with 2 mins and change, fail...and lose the game by 10... something competitive at least... this to hold recruits attention....

but again, there are alot of character pit falls and traps he may fall into between then and now...

... so keep that pink slip during the alma mater ready jajaja
coachcft

Re: To all the doofus NDN posters lurking here

Postby coach_kelly » October 30th, 2011, 4:37 am

algoldendomer wrote:Talk to me in a week if we crap the bed against the University of Navy. I might think differently. Or Wake F. Forest. Or the turtles. Or BC (if he finds a way to lose to this year's BC team, it would be a requirement to fire him during the alma mater). This team should finish 8-4, and as pisspoor as they played Saturday night, and as pisspoor as our coaching was, I still think 9-3 is a possibility.

You are a pussy. Stop being a pussy. That is all.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion