Dismantle this site!

Talk of ND football

Dismantle this site!

Postby algoldendomer » October 21st, 2011, 5:04 pm

To the firebriankelly.com boardop(s):

Yes, last year was a disappointment, as was losing the first two games of 2011. Patience is difficult after the debacle that was Charlie Weis (and Jr.).

After reviewing the list of 2012 recruits as well as 2013 recruits who will be at tomorrow night's game, it is clear that Brian Kelly is working his ass off and deserves much more time to build this program than I or others here have been willing to give him.

And to any recruits who may stumble upon this site - you cannot pick a better place to get your degree and play football. Notre Dame is a very special place, and a Notre Dame degree is something that will take you very far in life. I know you are thinking you want to play on Sundays, and what H.S. junior or senior stud player isn't thinking that? Fact is, almost none of you will. So you'd better go someplace where you'll actually get an education and a degree, and not just any degree, but a degree from a place that will set you up for the rest of your life. Where are you going to get that? Michigan? Check their grad rate. I'd love to know what the 60% who don't graduate are doing with their lives now. Do you want fries with that? Really.

And for top-notch football? Notre Dame football is on the cusp of being the top program in the nation. The defense is going to be lock-down, led by Mssrs. Aaron Frucking Lynch and Stephon Frucking Tuitt, not to mention Ishaq and the others (I'm partial to Lynch and Tuitt). The offense is going to be unstoppable, particularly if a few of you (Gunner, Keith, Bryce, JT for starters) come on board.

Brian Kelly, please go out and take care of business tomorrow night. The future does indeed look very bright for Notre Dame football.

Dismantle this board, please. Out
algoldendomer

Re: Dismantle this site!

Postby onehipdad » October 23rd, 2011, 2:47 am

Should we expect a retraction?
onehipdad

Postby rudy » October 23rd, 2011, 2:59 am

i say let's keep the site running.
rudy

Postby algoldendomer » October 23rd, 2011, 2:59 am

You beat me to it.

WTF? We ended the game with 3 TimeOuts. We folded. I've NEVER seen ANY ND team fold. Disgraceful

And WTF did the Irish DO for the last 14 days? Completely unprepared for Barklay and the SC offense.

And what happened to our running game? 14 runs all game?? WHY?? 41 yards rushing and 0-3 turnovers. Impossible to win a game with those stats.

Kelly doesn't commit the turnovers, but he sure does call the shotgun every play, so no wonder we have trouble with a simple snap from center.

He gets more time. But tonight was a HUGE step backwards.

Keep the site up, please. Sorry to cause bad karma jumping the gun like that.

Oh well - on to women's basketball. They'll be good - and well-coached.

As for the recruits - ND is still the best place for you to go to college. An ND degree vs. an Alabama degree? NO CONTEST
algoldendomer

Postby coachcft » October 23rd, 2011, 5:02 am

Keep the site "warm". coach_kelly must be BK's Nephew. Everybody else has some sense.

Kelly/Diaco were so outcoached by the Kiffins. USC must have run counterstretch 15 times. And our NT(Nix) was blown off the ball and our "Dog" LB, (Flemming or Filer) either gave up a gash of 15 yards OR worse, because their were told to "stay home", got beat on the bootleg and could contain Barkley as he ran for the 1st down 3 times. We could all go on and on about Crist's fumble(poor dude after doing such an awesome job leading us there), that Teo missed alot of tackles, we should have run more and more.

But there are two things I think are noteworthy:
1) Carlo Calabrese gets a 15 yard penalty for clapping two gator chomps which keeps the drive alive. Obviously a HUGE blow for a struggling defense desperate to see the punter. IMO, a poor call by the Pac-12 official and yet another message to student athletes to "not have fun" on the field. But the thing is: 1) if he doesnt get flagged, Kelly wouldnt have conversed with him, and would surely have congratulated him. 2) because of the flag, he gets yanked, scolded and never sees the field for the rest of the night. To me this seems as if they are letting the officials dictate our disciplinary measures. Its OK to do something UNLESS THE OFFICIAL THROWS A FLAG. Is this the way it works? Drive drunk unless you get caught? Cheap sht someone but dont get caught? IMO, he should have directed his energies at the call in that case.

2) We are 0-5 now losing at the half. Not 2-3 or 1-4 but 0-5. So you could talk about our ability to adjust offensively and defensively at halftime. But, I wonder if Kellys spends his time venting his emotions and pointing blame about the past OR if he LEADS. LEADS. We dont have any positive energy flowing when we get behind or something doesnt go our way. Ever see BK out at the hash mark greeting the "D" when the other team was 'held to a FG'?? Pat the helmet of the FG kicker after a miss with a look that says "you're my guy, we're gonna need you in a sec, and you'll some through". He focuses on the mistakes and cant let go of them quickly at all.

And yet he points to his team as having a lack of belief when they fall behind.

Georgia is desperate to fire MArk Richt. Tell them we'll offer them a trade. :)
coachcft

Postby coach_kelly » October 23rd, 2011, 2:53 pm

coachcft wrote:Keep the site "warm". coach_kelly must be BK's Nephew. Everybody else has some sense.

LOL

coachcft wrote:Georgia is desperate to fire MArk Richt. Tell them we'll offer them a trade. :)

Wait, did you start off with this -

coachcft wrote:Keep the site "warm". coach_kelly must be BK's Nephew. Everybody else has some sense.

and follow it with this??

coachcft wrote:Georgia is desperate to fire MArk Richt. Tell them we'll offer them a trade. :)

You are the reason that real Notre Dame fans like myself will continue to suffer. You are irrational and whiny. The coaching carousel will never get you a great coach. Mark Richt is a loser. He has taken top 5 recruiting classes every year and shoved Georgia so far down the toilet they will suffer for many years. So yes you, Mr. Rational <---(LMAO) this site should be dismantled. Here is a website for you to look at that is geared more towards your skill set, http://www.knittingdaily.com/ - because obviously football isn't your strong suit.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Postby coach_kelly » October 23rd, 2011, 3:10 pm

Why is this site still up?
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

USC Game

Postby KellyWeis » October 23rd, 2011, 3:49 pm

Just my opinion. The offense that Kelly runs is pretty much a carbon copy of Charlie's. Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass. ND has some great runners this year who are not used enough. It's pathetic. KellyWeis needs to look at how successful USC was using the the "Power I". I would put Jonas Gray back there and run him all freaking day. Let that big man get up a head of steam. Another thing.........I hate to see coaches using more than one quarterback every other play. Taking Crist out and putting Hendrix in was totally unnecessary and ruined the drive. Let Gray run the ball!!!!!!
The defense Saturday night also looked confused and lethargic. Maybe a week off wasn't a good thing. What do you all think?

With that rant off my chest, I will say this. I am no coach nor would I want that job. I love ND and always will. but KellyWeis is not the answer for Notre Dame.
No D. Pass Pass Pass. Another year of mediocrity in the shadow of the big tuna. :evil:
KellyWeis

Postby coachcft » October 23rd, 2011, 5:19 pm

With respect KellyWeis, the offense is different to Weis'. They definitely went away from the run last night, no question. Funny thing is, Lane Kiffin, who is argued by most as to be less than great, takes alot of heat for trying to outsmart himself with swinging gate this and 4th and .5 yard DRAW plays etc etc... So, needless to say it was incredibly ironic to see Kelly go 5 wide last night and Kiffin to balance run to set up play action. 5 WIDE?!?! With a non mobile QB no less.OUr first three drives we a total of 11 plays(14 if you include punts) and one of them was a disastrous option run by Rees for a loss of 3. Monte Kiffin had to be thrilled to see that. He was worried all week about balance and you take the balance right out of it. Which is why last night looked liked Weis's offense. But, lets not leave something out. USC was much more physical than us in the trenches and faster than us on the edges. You arent going to win many games like this. Without a KO return for a TD when the offense had 29 total yard to that point, it would have been even uglier.

The thing is, Kelly is already grating on people. Im starting to get the feeling that he alone isnt very likable. They will give him 3 or 4 years. But in the meantime, we will drop to Stanford. We might very well lose to WFU. We'll finish 9-4 or 8-5. If we finish 8-5, we will struggle to get guys like Bryce Treggs, Shaq Thompson, Brian Poole, Zach Banner, Arik Armstead, John Theus(very loyal to Richt and Georgia, wont consider us unless Richt is fired), Nelson Agholor, one of the 2 Marshalls(Byron or Keith). And KElly's regime will not distinguish itself from Davie, Willingham, or Weis. Career .600 coaches

After yesterday, you get the sense that ND is being 'propped up' again. We arent what we hope we were or that Kelly is what we thought he might be. He so quickly goes back to using "he" and "they" when things dont go well. TO me he isnt likable nor is he the best character type guy that his guys love playing for. But the only thing that coach_kelly says that maks sense is that the coaching carousel isnt effective(which I never said was BTW). Although Im not sure that "well, lets just admit that we're stuck with him" is the best thing to convince others to be happy with what you have.
coachcft

Postby coach_kelly » October 24th, 2011, 12:44 am

Read John Bacon's "Three and Out: Rich Rodriguez and the Michigan Wolverines in the Crucible of College Football" when it comes out on Tuesday this week (Oct 25th). Then come back here and tell me what you think about switching coaches again. Internal struggle, arguing among the athletic department, cheap salaries, and inflated egos help to topple what was once a constant and dominant force in college football. See if you can find any similarities to what is going on here with Brian Kelly. See if the bitching and bickering is really what our program needs. I will leave that up to you.
coach_kelly

Next

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion