TRUE TEST

Talk of ND football

TRUE TEST

Postby SIM » October 10th, 2011, 12:07 pm

After the bye week we should have a true test as to where the program is headed. As I have stated in other posts, I believe we have top 25 talent, not top 10. When the Trojans come to town, we will get a true borometer of where we actually stand, as I feel they have a similar talent level. Also since they have not found there identity as a program after their many scandals/violations, it could be a good chance to vault into the polls somewhere in the #20-#22 range with a win. Nice win over USAFA, but too many points given up. USC may cause problems if they really commit to playing downhill football. They have some athletes, more than our last 3 foes.
SIM

Re: TRUE TEST

Postby algoldendomer » October 10th, 2011, 1:23 pm

AFA, tools that they are, scored 14 points after ND put 2nd and 3rd stringers in. I mean, we took a knee on a kickoff return, and AFA blitzed on the very next play! Tools. If I were Brian Kelly, I'd have put my starters back in and I'd have started throwing the ball.

Had ND wanted, the score would have been something like 69-19. The points given up are meaningless (and please note - AFA has a great offense!).

I agree that U$C will be a true test. There is no shame in losing to them (unless somehow ND gets trounced) so a loss in 2 weeks cannot be held against Kelly.

That said, I think ND is going to handle U$C quite nicely. Green-out, night game, ND 38 U$C 21
algoldendomer

Re: TRUE TEST

Postby coach_kelly » October 23rd, 2011, 3:10 pm

We were in that game. A couple bad plays, nothing to see here. Move along.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion