Saturday Recap

Talk of ND football

Saturday Recap

Postby JB88 » September 20th, 2011, 4:48 pm

I sat in the stands Saturday looking at a team that had every reason to implode that afternoon. After Rees gets hammered and fumbles, there was a little bit of uneasiness in the stands. Then Rees throws the interception, and there was almost a collective, "here we go again" vibe in the stadium. At least in the North end zone area. If there was a moment that may define this team this season I think it was right then and there. The fans felt it slipping away, and I am sure the team had a bit of an, "oh no, not again" feeling. But somewhere this team managed to not lose their composure. They actually came out and seemed to begin to play a bit more agressive. Maybe they wanted it more at that point than MSU. Maybe it was a sense of desperation, or maybe they finally started to believe in themselves and said "enough is enough". The D-line seemed energized, the secondary started to play better on coverage, and for the first time our defense seemed to be the agressor onthe field. Our defense was dictating the play of the game. From breaking up the fake FG at the end of the half to Blanton's Int. return, we were in charge out there. And it showed. There seemed to be a change in the players body language and attitude on the field. I hope we can carry it forward for the rest of the season. If we can, we stand the chance of being a very good team this year. It would be nice to make our house ours again.
JB88
 
Posts: 2
Joined: September 15th, 2011, 3:02 pm

Re: Saturday Recap

Postby algoldendomer » September 20th, 2011, 5:23 pm

It was about time they got Aaron Freaking Lynch in the game. The guy's super-human! I've had a man-crush on Lynch since the B-G game.

It was Lynch's monster hit on the nobody MSU quarterback (can't remember his name) that caused the fumble. Getting the ball right back after Rees coughed it up was HUGE.

To his credit, Brian Kelly was able to bring Aaron Freaking Lynch to Notre Dame. It's about time Kelly decided that Lynch should play regularly.
algoldendomer
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 7th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Re: Saturday Recap

Postby BKellyBabyDaddy » September 21st, 2011, 3:39 pm

algoldendomer wrote:It was about time they got Aaron Freaking Lynch in the game. The guy's super-human! I've had a man-crush on Lynch since the B-G game.

It was Lynch's monster hit on the nobody MSU quarterback (can't remember his name) that caused the fumble. Getting the ball right back after Rees coughed it up was HUGE.

To his credit, Brian Kelly was able to bring Aaron Freaking Lynch to Notre Dame. It's about time Kelly decided that Lynch should play regularly.



The QB's name is Kirk Cousins, slapnuts.
BKellyBabyDaddy
 
Posts: 2
Joined: September 17th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Re: Saturday Recap

Postby coach_kelly » September 22nd, 2011, 11:11 am

BKellyBabyDaddy wrote:
algoldendomer wrote:It was about time they got Aaron Freaking Lynch in the game. The guy's super-human! I've had a man-crush on Lynch since the B-G game.

It was Lynch's monster hit on the nobody MSU quarterback (can't remember his name) that caused the fumble. Getting the ball right back after Rees coughed it up was HUGE.

To his credit, Brian Kelly was able to bring Aaron Freaking Lynch to Notre Dame. It's about time Kelly decided that Lynch should play regularly.



The QB's name is Kirk Cousins, slapnuts.


A name you may know now, but one you'll soon forget. Kirk Cousins - next clipboard QB in the NFL.
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly
 
Posts: 257
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Re: Saturday Recap

Postby algoldendomer » September 28th, 2011, 7:16 pm

I'm sorry, my mistake. The MSU QB was Kirk Cousins Slapnuts. We'll just call him Kirk Slapnuts for short. We'll be looking for him in the 6th round next spring.
algoldendomer
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 7th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Re: Saturday Recap

Postby coach_kelly » October 23rd, 2011, 3:08 pm

algoldendomer wrote:I'm sorry, my mistake. The MSU QB was Kirk Cousins Slapnuts. We'll just call him Kirk Slapnuts for short. We'll be looking for him in the 6th round next spring.


Now that is something I can agree with!
Brian Kelly is rebuilding Notre Dame. Charlie Weis almost destroyed Notre Dame. Once you remember these facts, the rest is petty bullshit.
coach_kelly
 
Posts: 257
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 10:20 pm


Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron