Purdue is AWFUL

Talk of ND football

Purdue is AWFUL

Postby algoldendomer » September 12th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Purdue is likely the worst team on the Irish schedule. If ND is any good, the Irish will be up 35 at halftime and win by 50 or so. Seriously. Based on Cincy and what they did against Illinois, and based on Indiana St and what they did against IU.

If this is a close game, Kelly should quit. Really.
algoldendomer

Re: Purdue is AWFUL

Postby KellyWeis » September 15th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Wow! Another Nail Biter. Purdue came to play. Purdue always plays ND tough.
Unfortunately, it looks like everyone will play ND tough this year
I am dumbfounded by the Irish this year. I was expecting a more dominant squad.
I just love Cam. Please use him more. He is a stud. Still gonna be a long year.
I have to agree with Al, this offense misses a QB who can run.
KellyWeis

Re: Purdue is AWFUL

Postby algoldendomer » September 16th, 2013, 12:22 pm

No. Do NOT play Cam more. Play Bryant and Folston - they're the two highest rated running backs on the team. Give them the dang ball.

As for the Irish, this has been an awful start against awful competition. Michigan squeaked by the ZIPS! in the big house. The ZIPS! Temple? Lost at home to Fordham! who scored more against them than did ND. And Purdue is objectively the worst team on the Irish schedule.

This "everybody plays ND tough" is bullcrap. ND is simply a bad team this year - they have a ton of talent and appear to have zero motivation and zero leadership. I pin that on Kelly - it's all his "RKGs" now - Manti was unquestionable the heart of last year's team. Well, Brian, let's see your RKGs step up, 'cause MSU is head and shoulders better than Purdue.

I shouldn't be hopeful, but somehow I am, that this team can get their heads out of their asses and start playing football. Then again, Kelly has totally eschewed the running game in favor of his NFL-quality (I jest) QB.
algoldendomer

Return to Notre Dame Football Discussion